Unemployment Insurance: Oklahoma
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Autumn G. Long and Alan L. Rupe, Kutak Rock LLP
- Most employers doing business in Oklahoma are subject to the Employment Security Act. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Unemployment benefits will generally last for up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- Employers have an opportunity to provide information that will be used to determine an individual's eligibility for benefits. See Filing Claims.
- Employers must follow specified notice, posting and recordkeeping requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements; Recordkeeping Requirements.