Unemployment Insurance: Tennessee
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Nancy Hatch Woodward, Nancy Hatch Woodward Communications
- Most employers doing business in Tennessee are subject to the Tennessee Employment Security Law. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Individuals may be disqualified from receiving employment benefits for certain reasons. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Unemployment benefits generally last for up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- Employers must comply with certain notice, posting and recordkeeping requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements; Recordkeeping Requirements.