Unemployment Insurance: Utah
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Daniel Daines, Callister Nebeker & McCullough
- Most employers are covered by the Employment Security Act. See Employer Coverage.
- To be eligible for unemployment benefits, a claimant must meet specific requirements. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Unemployment benefits generally last up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- An employer may contest a benefits eligibility determination within 10 days. See Filing Claims.
- Employers must post a notice to employees. See Notice and Posting Requirements.