Unfair Labor Practices: Minnesota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Mark Mathison, Gray Plant Mooty
- Minnesota has a private sector labor relations statute, known as the Minnesota Labor Relations Act, which proscribes unfair labor practices, but which is preempted for nearly all private sector employment by the National Labor Relations Act. See Unfair Labor Practices under the Minnesota Labor Relations Act.
- Minnesota's Public Employment Labor Relations Act (MNPELRA) proscribes certain unfair labor practices for public employers and employees, and unions. See Unfair Labor Practices under the Minnesota's Public Employment Labor Relations Act.
- The state district courts have jurisdiction over MNPELRA actions alleging unfair labor practice.
- Any person or organization aggrieved may bring a MNPELRA action alleging unfair labor practice.
- Injunctive relief and damages are both available, to prevent or to redress harm caused by unfair labor practice.