Workplace Security: Connecticut
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman, The Safety Training Solution LLC
- Connecticut has adopted the Uniform Trade Secrets Act. See Trade Secrets.
- Connecticut has regulations in place for protecting personal information. See Connecticut Data Breach Notification Regulations.
- The state has various laws to protect workers from workplace violence. See Preventing Workplace Violence.
- Connecticut is a May Issue state, which means that officials are not required to issue concealed carry permits to applicants. See Guns and Weapons in the Workplace.
- Workplaces in Connecticut must address emergency procedures under federal or state requirements. See Emergency Plans and Emergency Closings.