Workplace Security: Idaho
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Scott Randolph, Bradley T. Cave, Holland & Hart LLP
- Idaho requires entities to notify residents of the likelihood that their personal information has been subject to a data breach. See Data Security Breaches.
- Idaho law prohibits a variety of anti-competitive and unfair trade practices, theft and the misappropriation of intellectual property. See Securing Employer Property.
- Computer crimes, including unauthorized access, use or contamination, are prohibited. See Securing Electronic Devices.
- Idaho requires employers who hold certain types of employee data to notify employees in the event of a security breach. See Securing Electronic Devices.
- Idaho law prohibits various types of violent or threatening behavior that affects the workplace. See Securing Employees.