Workplace Security: Michigan
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Michigan has adopted the Uniform Trade Secret Act. See Trade Secrets.
- Michigan has comprehensive regulations in place for protecting sensitive personal information. See Michigan Identity Theft and Data Breach Notification Law.
- Policies and procedures should be in place to address workplace violence prevention. See Preventing Workplace Violence.
- Michigan is a Shall Issue state, meaning that officials must issue a permit to applicants meeting the state's qualifications. See Guns and Weapons in the Workplace.
- The state has created emergency plan standards that are similar to federal regulations. See Emergency Plans and Emergency Closings.