Workplace Security: New Jersey
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: John Sarno, Employer's Association of New Jersey
- New Jersey has adopted the Uniformed Trade Secrets Act. See New Jersey Trade Secrets Act.
- When reasonable, New Jersey allows the use of confidentiality agreements and related agreements to protect intellectual property. See Confidentiality Agreements.
- New Jersey requires businesses to notify affected customers in the event of a data breach. See Data Breaches.
- New Jersey has set laws detailing the requirements of sex offenders. See Megan's Law.
- New Jersey has strict laws on gun rights. See Weapons.