Workplace Security: New York
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman, The Safety Training Solution LLC.
- New York has adopted a definition of a trade secret, which differs from the Uniform Trade Secret Act. See Trade Secrets.
- New York has a data breach notification law. See Data Breaches.
- The New York State Human Rights Law includes victims of domestic violence as a protected class. See Domestic Violence.
- Comprehensive fire prevention and emergency action plans may be required in some parts of the State. See Emergency Plans and Emergency Closings.
- New York City has requirements pertaining to emergency action plans. See Local Requirements.