Workplace Security: Washington
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman, The Safety Training Solution LLC
- Washington has adopted the Uniform Trade Secret Act. See Trade Secrets.
- Washington businesses must comply with certain requirements in the event of a data breach. See Data Breaches.
- Under the state's Domestic Violence Leave Law, employers must grant victims of violence reasonable leave from work to attend to matters relating to the legal or healthcare aspects of victimization. See Workplace Violence.
- Washington is a Shall Issue state, meaning that officials must issue a concealed carry weapon (CCW) permit to qualified applicants. See Guns and Weapons in the Workplace.
- Under state rules that mirror federal standards, employers must address emergency procedures. Additional state-specific rules may also apply. See Emergency Plans and Emergency Closings.