Are there any onboarding strategies that an employer can implement to minimize the risk of ghosting by a new hire?
Yes. To minimize the risk of ghosting by a new hire, an employer should consider implementing the following onboarding strategies:
- Actively communicating with all new hires and making sure to respond to any questions or concerns;
- Maintaining an open door policy and addressing any issues that may arise;
- Ensuring that all new hires feel part of the team and encouraging them to contribute to the organization;
- Providing new employees with mentors to introduce and integrate them into the organization and provide support;
- Asking new hires for feedback and to identify any issues before such issues escalate on an onboarding survey form after an introductory period; and
- Maintaining a positive and diverse workplace culture where all employees feel respected, valued and engaged.