Is there any benefit to allowing employees to use wearable technology in the workplace?
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
Yes. An employer may benefit by permitting employees to use wearable technology in the workplace in the following ways:
- Enhanced worker communications by allowing employees to communicate and record information or review records and files on the spot.
- Increased workplace safety and assistance in monitoring hazards.
- Using wearable technology for employee identification purposes such as accessing buildings as well as computers.
- Monitoring employee conduct and productivity.
- Enhanced worker training and performance.
- Monitoring employee health and wellness.