May an employer initiate a direct deposit reversal to recoup a wage overpayment?

Author: Alice Gilman

No. Provided the applicable state's wage payment law allows reversals of direct deposits of wages, reversals can only be made for the full amount of a wage payment, not just for the amount of an overpayment.