What are some reasons a new hire may ghost an employer either right before or right after starting the job?
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
A new hire may ghost an employer for several reasons, including:
- The new hire leaves for an opportunity that is more aligned with his or her needs, ability and experience;
- A lack of communication and trust and respect between the employer or supervisor and the new hire;
- There is a lack of workplace camaraderie and a negative workplace culture;
- The job is not what the new hire expected and not consistent with the job description or expectations outlined during the hiring process; or
- The new employee may believe he or she is being given unrealistic workload beyond his or her job duties, responsibilities and experience.