What are some reasons a prospective employee may ghost an employer?
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
A prospective employee may ghost an employer for various reasons, including:
- A strong job market and a low unemployment rate resulting in more employment options;
- The employer is not being transparent and is failing to follow up and communicate during the recruiting and hiring process;
- Technology provides the ability to have less formal communications;
- Individuals may shy away from awkward or difficult conversations; or
- An individual may look elsewhere for better job opportunities that offer a higher salary, better benefits, childcare and work life balance.