State and Local Resources
You can access our unparalleled state-specific content via our State and Local dropdown menu, circled in the image below. Select a state of interest to see a round up of in-depth, state-specific compliance content.
As an XpertHR subscriber, once you're logged in, in addition to federal articles you will see all articles relating to your particular subscribed states. When you conduct a search, the articles listed in the search results will only show state content relating to your subscribed states. (See Pro Tip at the bottom of this page.)
How to Navigate to State and Local Resources
Quickly access our state and local content via the tab in the main navigation bar. Here you will see:
- Quick links to landing pages for each state plus the District of Columbia
- Multistate Employer Resources - Resources for organizations operating in multiple states
State Landing Pages
Each state landing page generally includes the following features, highlighted in the image below.
- Search within State bar - to hone in on state-specific searches quicker
- Key laws at a glance - such as minimum wage rates
- Quick links to key resources - such as state and local posters
- Local employment law coverage
- State-specific Employment Law Manual quick links
- Upcoming compliance deadlines
- State and local Employee Handbooks statements
- New and updated resources
Due to the increasingly rapid pace and complex developments of employment law at the local level, at XpertHR we are tracking and covering developments across more than 140 localities.
Here are a few ways you can navigate to our local resources:
- Find a full listing of localities we cover here;
- See our local resource pages covering the top 10 most in-demand and challenging localities spanning from New York City to Seattle; and
- From our state landing pages you will see a local coverage box listing. Once you select a locality, you will be directed to a search results page from which you can apply additional filtering via the Refine Search Results tool bar.
Pro Tip: Select your preferred states to limit your view to jurisdictions that matter most to you.
Subscribers of XpertHR are entitled to view all federal resources along with state resources ranging between one and 51 additional jurisdictions (50 states plus District of Columbia), depending on the terms of their subscription.
Once you have selected your preferred states, the state materials displayed on the site - in the Employment Law Manual, in lists on topic pages, in search results and so forth - will be limited to your preferred states. You can change your preferred states at any time.