Webinar: Accommodating Employees with Disabilities while Staying ADA and FMLA Compliant
Virtually all employers understand that employees and job candidates with disabilities and serious health conditions are protected from discrimination by the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") and state laws prohibiting discrimination.
General awareness, however, is not enough. In this informative webinar, Fox Rothschild employment attorney Andrew Russell discusses the all-important intersection between the ADA and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
As claims of disability discrimination continue to increase year after year, employers must have a strong grasp of their legal requirements and how to respond to employees with disabilities. Not only will proactive planning and responding properly reduce the likelihood of a lawsuit, the correct handling of employee disability issues will result in a more productive workforce and positive workplace environment.
This hour-long webinar addresses the many challenges involving disabilities in the workplace, including:
- Learning to identify whether an employee has a qualified disability;
- An employer's obligations to respond to an employee with a qualified disability;
- Navigating the hurdles in engaging in the interactive process to find reasonable accommodations; and
- Steps employers can take to prepare the workplace ahead of time to reduce exposure to a potential disability lawsuit.
The webinar also discusses how those issues overlap with the FMLA to help ensure that your workplace is ADA and FMLA compliant.
- Gain a better understanding of how the ADA impacts an employer's obligations to its employees;
- Learn what employers can do to address challenges in the interactive process and finding accommodations for employees; and
- Understand what the FMLA covers, how to comply, and its interplay with employees with disabilities.