Webinar: Is That in Writing? Making the Most of Your 2018 Employee Handbook
Have you ever thought HR might be easier without an employee handbook? Does it really take a manual the size of a phonebook to effectively orient a new hire? Is there any law requiring that we have a handbook? Who reads this stuff anyway?
This presentation will restore your faith in handbooks with practical advice about:
- Whether your workplace needs an employee handbook;
- How a well-crafted handbook improves your business and makes your job easier;
- How a poorly-drafted handbook could get your business in hot water; and
- What types of provisions should and should not be in your handbook.
Littler Mendelson employment law attorney Deidra Nguyen provides recent trends in handbook drafting and gain practical tips and guidance as you prepare to roll out your 2018 handbook.
- Leave with concrete examples of effective handbook policies along with strategies for making the case for handbook use and compliance;
- Learn how to assess which policies to include in employee handbooks and the risks associated with including or excluding certain policies and provisions; and
- Learn about recent trends in handbook drafting, including criticism from regulators and effective drafting for multistate compliance.