Argentina: Health and safety
See the legal services provided by the authors of XpertHR International > Argentina, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Health and safety legislation aims to protect employees' lives and physical and psychological health, and to prevent, reduce, eliminate or isolate workplace risks. (See General)
- Employers must implement appropriate health and safety measures to protect employees' lives and integrity, and have numerous specific statutory health and safety obligations. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- There is no general statutory requirement for employers to appoint safety representatives, and no statutory entitlement for employees to elect such representatives. (See Safety representatives)
- Employers that breach health and safety legislation may be fined by the public labour authorities. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- Employers must insure all employees against occupational accidents and illnesses, generally with an occupational risks insurer of the employer's choice. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)