France: Health and safety
Original and updating author: Mark Carley
See the legal services provided by the authors of XpertHR International > France, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Employers are required to take certain measures to ensure workers' safety and protect their physical and mental health. (See General)
- Employers and workers have various duties regarding health and safety. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- All companies with 11 or more employees must set up a social and economic committee, which represents employees on health and safety matters, and has various information, consultation and other rights. (See Safety representatives)
- The penalties for employers found in the courts to have breached health and safety legislation are fines and/or, in certain cases, imprisonment. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- Employers must make contributions for their employees to the social security fund for workplace accidents and occupational illnesses. (See Compensation for injury or illness)