Jersey: Equal opportunities
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Jersey, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Under the Discrimination (Jersey) Law 2013, discrimination is prohibited on the grounds of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, age and disability. (See General)
- Employees are protected from direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the prohibited discriminatory grounds. (See Discrimination)
- The Discrimination (Jersey) Law 2013 (the Law) covers the protected characteristics of race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity. (See Protected characteristics)
- The Discrimination (Jersey) Law 2013 applies to the employment relationship and in a number of other contexts, including the provision of goods, facilities and services. (See Application)
- Individuals who believe that they have been subjected to an act of unlawful discrimination may make a complaint to the Jersey Employment and Discrimination Tribunal. (See Liability)