Mexico: Contracts of employment
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Mexico, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- An employment contract exists where a person undertakes to perform work personally, under the subordination of another person, in return for payment of remuneration. (See General)
- For employment relationships of an indefinite term or where the employment agreement is to last more than 180 days, the employer may establish a probationary period of up to 30 days. (See Probationary and training periods)
- The main distinction in employment contracts is between open-ended and fixed-term contracts. (See Types of contract)
- All employment relationships must be governed by a written contract of employment that provides a statutory minimum of factors of major significance for the relationship. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- The terms of employment contracts can be amended only by mutual agreement between the employer and employee. (See Variation of contract)