Mexico: Termination of employment
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Mexico, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Employment contracts may be terminated in various ways and there are no statutory minimum notice periods for termination of contract either by employer or employee. (See General)
- Employers must terminate the employment contract only for a specified "just cause". (See Dismissal with just cause)
- If an employer terminates the contract of employment without just cause, the employee is entitled to receive a severance payment from the employer. (See Dismissal without just cause)
- A dismissed employee who disputes the existence of a just cause can bring a claim to the relevant Conciliation and Arbitration Board. (See Contesting dismissals)
- An employee may terminate the employment contract with just cause because of certain specified types of behaviour by the employer. (See Termination by employee with just cause)
- There are permitted legal grounds for making collective redundancies. (See Collective redundancies)