UPDATED March 1, 2018: Multiple paid sick leave laws got you frazzled? We've got you covered!
The number of paid sick leave laws has more than doubled in the past few years. As of March 1, 2018 nine states, the District of Columbia and more than 30 municipalities have passed paid sick leave laws affecting private employers in locations from Washington to Maryland and everywhere in between, including Arizona; Chicago, Illinois; and Vermont.
Managing multiple employees, across multiple locations, with varied pay rates and scheduled hours is challenging. HR pros in this environment must ensure adherence to a myriad of laws—paid sick leave laws are among the most complex. This whitepaper will provide HR professionals with:
- Which states and municipalities now require paid sick leave
- What size/type of companies need to comply with these requirements
- Which employees are eligible for paid sick leave
- The permissible reasons employees can take leave
- The rules around notification, documentation, accrual and carryover of paid sick leave
- And more...
It's safe to say that the paid sick leave landscape is murky. For employers with staff located in multiple states or jurisdictions, monitoring and complying with these changes can be extremely daunting because of the varied requirements from state to state or city to city.
Don't leave your compliance with widely varying paid sick leave laws to chance. Get the up-to-date information you need by downloading this free whitepaper.