UPDATED October 30, 2018: Multiple paid sick leave laws got you frazzled? We've got you covered!
As of October 30, 2018 more than 10 states, the District of Columbia and over 30 localities have passed paid sick leave laws affecting private employers in locations from Washington to Maryland and places in between, including Arizona; Chicago, Illinois; and Vermont.
Managing multiple employees, across multiple locations, with varied pay rates and scheduled hours is challenging. HR pros in this environment must ensure adherence to myriad leave laws—with paid sick leave laws being among the most complex. This whitepaper will provide HR professionals with an exploration of:
- Which states and municipalities require paid sick leave
- What size/type of companies need to comply with these requirements
- Which employees are eligible for paid sick leave
- The permissible reasons employees can take leave
- The rules around notification, documentation, accrual and carryover of paid sick leave
- And more...
For employers with staff located in multiple states or jurisdictions with a paid sick leave law, monitoring and complying with these laws can be extremely daunting because of the varied requirements from state to state or city to city.
Don't leave to chance your compliance with complex paid sick leave laws. Get the up-to-date information you need by downloading this free whitepaper.