Montgomery County, MD Earned Sick and Safe Leave Law Poster
Entity Mandating Poster: Montgomery County, Maryland Office of Human Rights.
Applicability: An employer that operates in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Distribution Specifications: Effective October 1, 2016, an employer must notify employees entitled to earned sick and safe leave of the following:
- How earned sick and safe leave is accrued;
- The permitted uses of earned sick and safe leave;
- Retaliation protections; and
- Information about the employee's right to file a complaint with the Director of the Office of Human Rights.
Notice may be provided by:
- Posting the notice;
- Including the notice in an employee handbook or other written guidance distributed to employees; or
- Distributing to new hires.
Where to Post: This notice must be posted in a conspicuous manner, in a place accessible to employees.
Obtaining This Poster: An employer may download this poster directly from the Office of Human Rights website.