File Unfair Labor Practice Charge Against A Union

Key Points

  • If an employer believes that the union has committed an unfair labor practice (e.g., failure to bargain in good faith) the employer may file an unfair labor practice charge with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
  • In order to file an unfair labor practice charge, the employer must file the charge at the NLRB regional office in the area where the alleged violation occurred within six months of the alleged labor practice.
  • Once the employer has filed the unfair labor practice charge, the NLRB will commence an investigation of the charges. If the charge cannot be settled among the parties, the NLRB will issue a complaint against the union and bring the case to trial before a NLRB Administrative Law Judge.

XpertHR Resources