Michael Jacobson August 12, 2013
US HR professionals play a prominent and crucial role in preparing for organizational restructures like a merger or acquisition. If a restructure is like uncharted waters to an explorer, then HR and its Transition Team are the captains of the… continue
David Weisenfeld August 9, 2013
In a new XpertHR podcast, key members of our US editorial team discuss the impact on HR of the historic US Supreme Court ruling in United States v. Windsor to strike down Section 3 of the federal Defense of Marriage… continue
Marta Moakley August 1, 2013
US HR professionals struggle with recordkeeping concerns on a regular basis. Even with up-to-date statutory requirements at hand, the decision to discard records could be complicated due to a legal hold or other liability concerns. Given federal, state and local… continue
David Weisenfeld July 24, 2013
With many US states having legalized medical marijuana, and Colorado and Washington now permitting recreational marijuana use for individuals 21 and older, what do these laws really mean for employers? Making these legalization laws especially dicey is the fact that… continue
Rena Pirsos July 23, 2013
A new XpertHR infographic provides an in-depth look at the history of US payroll taxes and how employers have rapidly become the nation’s central tax collector. It’s no secret the US tax system has become so complex over the past… continue
Beth Zoller July 19, 2013
Equal treatment for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community seemed like a pipe dream in 1996 when the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was passed defining marriage as being between one man and one woman. But things came… continue
David Weisenfeld July 12, 2013
The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) is one of the newer US employment laws, and has already led to lawsuits against employers, including one that sparked a $50,000 settlement. To become aware of the risks and learn how to avoid… continue
Melissa Silver July 2, 2013
According to a new infographic, US government agencies over the last several years have significantly stepped up enforcement against employers from all angles and made clear the high cost of failing to comply with the law. It’s the perfect storm.… continue
Michael Cardman July 1, 2013
We present four common misconceptions about overtime requirements under the United States’ Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Myth # 1 – You’re salaried, so you don’t get overtime Being paid a salary is a prerequisite for many of the FLSA’s… continue
Beth Zoller June 27, 2013
It seems as if everywhere you turn today, employee social media use is on the rise. From Facebook to LinkedIn to Twitter to Pintrest, the proliferation of social media platforms keeps growing. In fact, just this year, Twitter launched a… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Supervisor Training: Answers to Your Most Pressing Questions November 21, 2017
- Salary History Bans Continue as Big 2017 Employment Trend November 20, 2017
- Minimizing Employers’ Holiday Party Risks: Don’t Be Left Out in the Cold November 17, 2017
- 5 Ways to Lose the Employment At-Will Relationship November 14, 2017
- Hurricane Horrors Highlight Importance of Employer Preparedness November 9, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence