As I am sure you are all aware, April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month! While keeping distractions from behind the wheel should be a year-long pursuit, this month has been set aside to help us really realize why distracted… continue
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players, throwing basketballs at them and hurling repeated homophobic epithets is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from… continue
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from a US… continue
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from an employment… continue
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” – Benjamin Franklin.
In HR, we often operate in the past, the present and the future. We operate in the past by preserving and safeguarding company information pertaining to events… continue
“How much do you weigh?”
This question might sound impolite. But employees in the US take note: the social awkwardness of group weigh-ins may be coming to a warehouse near you.
CVS Caremark is asking employees their weight… continue
Over the years, wage and hour experts have written about the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) classification of just about every type of employee under the sun: chefs, IT workers, exotic dancers, and even those most beloved and admired of… continue
Are the hot dogs all beef? Does the rice and beans have ham in it? Is there pork in that egg roll? These are some questions I often find myself asking before taking a bite. My husband makes fun of… continue
We’re excited to announce a new strategic alliance between XpertHR and Dovetail Software, which could help make your day-to-day HR work a whole lot easier! So what do we have to offer?
Well, remember the Domino’s ad promising delivery in… continue
A question for US employers: How would you treat a ‘hero’ employee at your organization?
If an employee has reacted to exceptional circumstances by stepping outside of their day-to-day responsibilities in order to help others, would your first response be… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Why Paid Parental Leave Is on the Rise September 20, 2017
- Major Disruptions Will Soon Shape the Future of Benefits September 19, 2017
- 9 Key Tips for Religious Accommodation in the Workplace September 14, 2017
- 5 Ways HR Can Promote Volunteerism in Hurricane Irma’s Wake September 12, 2017
- A 9/11 Look at Employee Political Extremism September 11, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...