What information must an employer report for new hires?
Author: Sara M. Wincek
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (PRWORA) requires an employer to provide the following information:
- Employee's name, address and Social Security number; and
- Employer's name, address and Federal Employment Identification Number (FEIN).
Some states require other information be included in the report, such as:
- State Employment Identification Number (SEIN);
- Employee's date of birth and/or hire;
- Employee's occupation;
- Medical insurance availability; and
- Employer's contact name, phone number and fax number.