Author: Jed L. Marcus, Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C.
Section 7 of the NLRA gives an employee the right to engage in union organization or other concerted activities and the right to refrain from such activities. Examples of protected activity include the following:
- Organizing a union;
- Discussing or complaining about working conditions;
- Collective bargaining;
- Demanding representation at disciplinary meetings;
- Filing grievances with the employer;
- Arbitrating disputes; and
- Filing unfair labor practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board.