What information must be included on the information return reporting the terms and conditions of health care coverage provided to full-time employees under Internal Revenue Code Section 6056?
Author: Gloria Ju
Applicable large employers (ALEs) must include the following information in the annual report on the terms and conditions of health care coverage provided to full-time employees:
- The ALE's name, address and employer identification number;
- The name and phone number of the ALE's contact person;
- The calendar year for which the information is reported;
- A certification as to whether the ALE offered its full-time employees (and their dependents) the opportunity to enroll in minimum essential coverage (MEC) under an eligible employer-sponsored plan, by calendar month;
- The months during the calendar year for which MEC under the plan was available;
- Each full-time employee's share of the lowest cost monthly premium (self-only) for coverage providing minimum value offered to that employee under an eligible employer-sponsored plan, by calendar month;
- The number of employees for each month of the calendar year;
- The name, address and Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number of each full-time employee during the calendar year, and the months, if any, during which the employee was covered under the plan; and
- Other information specified by the IRS.