Prevent Race Discrimination
- Race discrimination and harassment should be incorporated into an employer's discrimination and harassment policies.
- Considerations based on race should not affect an employer's hiring or employment practices.
- An employer should be careful when using selection procedures that could have a disparate impact on a racial group unless the criteria used are linked to job performance or the employer's business needs.
- Managers, supervisors and employees should receive periodic training about race discrimination including training on how to avoid racial slurs and stereotypes in the workplace.
- An employer can encourage employees to avoid discriminatory behavior by establishing a culture of diversity, inclusion and respect.