Depositing and Reporting Withheld Taxes: Georgia
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Vicki M. Lambert, The Payroll Advisor
- The deposit thresholds and due dates are based on each employer's lookback period. Certain employers must deposit by the next banking day. See Deposit Thresholds and Schedules.
- Employers that do not deposit electronically must complete the appropriate form. Quarterly reconciliation returns are also required. See Forms.
- Penalties are imposed for failure to comply with the income tax depositing and filing requirements. See Penalties.
- Certain employers are required to make deposits by electronic funds transfer (EFT). See Electronic Deposit Requirements.
- Georgia employers must file an annual reconciliation return along with Forms W-2 by January 31 for the prior year. See Annual Reconciliation Forms and Filing Deadlines.
- Certain employers must file Forms W-2 electronically, by January 31 for the prior year. See Electronic and Magnetic Media Form W-2 Reporting Requirements.