Insurance and Disability Benefits: New Hampshire
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Gloria Ju
- New Hampshire employers are not required to provide life insurance benefits. If life insurance benefits are provided, certain requirements must be met. See Group Life Insurance.
- If a New Hampshire employer offers group life insurance, premiums for the policies may be paid from different sources. See Employer Contribution and Coverage Requirements.
- Employees are entitled to a minimum grace period for paying premiums, except the first. See Grace Period.
- Group life insurance policies may be converted to individual policies under some circumstances. See Conversion Rights.
- Group life insurance may continue for a limited time during a labor dispute. See Continuation of Coverage During Labor Disputes.
- Group life insurance policies in New Hampshire may not deny or reduce benefits for pre-existing conditions or specified illnesses or conditions. See Nondiscrimination.