What elements should a social media account ownership agreement address?
Author: Beth P. Zoller, XpertHR Legal Editor
An agreement regarding social media accounts that are used for business purposes should address:
- Who owns and controls the account itself;
- Who controls and has ownership rights to:
- The account password, user name, login and access information;
- The content placed on social media; and
- The list of contacts, fans, followers and connections;
- Who has the right to control the account after the employee leaves employment; and
- Who has the right to change the account access and settings.