EEO - Discrimination: New York
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- The New York State Human Rights Law (NYSHRL) is generally more expansive than its federal counterparts. See Discrimination Under New York State Human Rights Law.
- The NYSHRL covers a wide range of unlawful discriminatory practices. See Unlawful Discriminatory Practices.
- New York State has a strong equal pay law in place. See Equal Pay.
- New York extends protections for breastfeeding and lactation. See Lactation/Breastfeeding Protections and Accommodations.
- Localities including Albany County, Binghamton, New York City and Westchester County have requirements pertaining to discrimination. See Local Requirements.