May an employer require an employee to travel for business to an area affected by an infectious disease outbreak?
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
It depends. An employer must evaluate the situation on a case-by-case basis. Some factors to consider include:
- Is the trip necessary to achieve a business-related purpose?
- Is there a travel ban or advisory in place?
- How is the disease transmitted?
- Are there precautionary measures that can be taken to reduce the risk of exposure or infection?
- Does the employee have a medical issue, such as a compromised immune system, that increases the risk or danger of infection?