This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Jersey: Equal opportunities
- Under the Discrimination (Jersey) Law 2013, discrimination is prohibited on the grounds of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity and, from 1 September 2016, age. (See General)
- Employees are protected from direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the prohibited discriminatory grounds of race, sex and, from 1 September 2016, age. (See Discrimination)
- The law defines the protected characteristics of race, sex and age. (See Race, sex and age)
- The Discrimination (Jersey) Law 2013 applies to the employment relationship and in a number of other contexts. (See Application)
- Individuals who believe that they have been subjected to an act of unlawful discrimination may make a complaint to the Jersey Employment and Discrimination Tribunal. (See Liability)
Access to the International product requires a subscription