This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Luxembourg: Health and safety
- Employers have a duty to ensure the safety and health of employees in every aspect related to their work. (See General)
- Employers have numerous specific statutory health and safety duties, while employees also have a number of obligations. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- Employees are represented in health and safety matters both by the employee delegation (a general employee representative body that must be set up in all establishments with 15 or more employees) and by specialist safety delegates. (See Safety representatives)
- The Labour and Mines Inspectorate (ITM) has the principal responsibility for monitoring and enforcing compliance with health and safety legislation. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- Employers are obliged to insure their employees against the risk of occupational accident and illness under a statutory scheme. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)
Access to the International Manual product requires a subscription