Italy: Contracts of employment
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Italy, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- An employment contract may be express or implied, oral or in writing. (See General)
- There are various types of employment status and employment contract. (See Types of contract)
- Employers must provide employees with a written statement of the main terms of their contract, containing certain information. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- The employer's "standard business terms" cannot deviate from legislative provisions to the disadvantage of the employee. (See Standard business terms and employment contracts)
- An employer can vary some terms of an employee's contract without consent where it can demonstrate that new organisational necessities prevent it from continuing the contract on the original terms. (See Variation of contract)