Italy: Recruitment and selection
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Italy, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Direct and indirect discrimination in access to employment is prohibited on various grounds. (See Discrimination)
- Job advertisements must not be discriminatory, and part-time and fixed-term workers have a right to be informed about vacancies. (See Advertising vacancies)
- There are various rules about selection methods and job requirements. (See Selection)
- The minimum age for regular employment is 16, although there are special rules for employees under the age of 18. (See Young people and children)
- Depending on the number of employees, employers are obliged to employ a certain amount of disabled employees. (See Employment of people with severe disabilities)
- There are restrictions on the employment of nationals of countries outside the pre-2013 EU member states and the EEA countries. (See Foreign nationals)