Russia: Health and safety
Consultant editor: Anna Chaykina
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Russia, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Individuals have a constitutional right to work in safe and hygienic conditions. (See General)
- Employers have a general statutory duty to provide safety and working conditions that meet legal health and safety standards. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- The employer and/or the employees or employee representatives may initiate the establishment of a labour protection committee. (See Safety representatives)
- The federal state labour inspectorate, along with its regional bodies, is primarily responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with employment legislation, including health and safety provisions. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- Employers are obliged to insure employees against occupational injury and illness with a statutory scheme and pay contributions to the scheme in respect of all employees. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)