Workplace Security: Florida
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Florida has adopted the Uniform Trade Secrets Act. See Trade Secrets.
- Florida employers must follow certain notification procedures in the event of a breach of personal information. See Florida Data Breach Notification Regulations.
- Florida statutes allow certain employees who are victims of sexual and domestic violence to have time off from work to address issues pertaining to the effects of violence. See Preventing and Managing Workplace Violence.
- Florida is a Shall Issue state, meaning that officials must issue a concealed handgun license (CCW) to applicants meeting the state's qualifications. See Guns and Weapons in the Workplace.
- As private sector employers are under the jurisdiction of the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), they must comply with applicable federal regulations for creating an emergency action plan. See Emergency Plans and Emergency Closings.