This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Argentina: Health and safety
- Health and safety legislation aims to protect employees' lives and physical and psychological health, and to prevent, reduce, eliminate or isolate workplace risks. (See General)
- Employers must implement appropriate health and safety measures to protect employees' lives and integrity, and have numerous specific statutory health and safety obligations. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- There is no general statutory requirement for employers to appoint safety representatives, and no statutory entitlement for employees to elect such representatives. (See Safety representatives)
- Employers that breach health and safety legislation may be fined by the public labour authorities. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- Employers must insure all employees against occupational accidents and illnesses, generally with an occupational risks insurer of the employer's choice. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)
Access to the International Manual product requires a subscription