This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Hungary: Recruitment and selection
- Employers must not discriminate in recruitment and selection on various grounds, including gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual orientation and age. (See Discrimination)
- Job advertisements must not be discriminatory on the prohibited grounds, but are subject to little other statutory regulation. (See Advertising vacancies)
- The selection of job applicants must not be discriminatory on the prohibited grounds and data protection requirements must be observed. (See Selection)
- There are no statutory provisions concerning the status of job offers. (See Job offers)
- The minimum age for employment is generally 16 years (with some exceptions) and the employment of under-18s is subject to special rules, notably with regard to working time. (See Young people and children)
- Except for nationals of the European Economic Area countries and Switzerland, foreign nationals generally require a work permit to work in Hungary. (See Foreign nationals)
- Employers with more than 25 employees must ensure that at least 5% of their workforce is made up of people with disabilities, or pay a financial penalty. (See Employment quota for people with disabilities).
Access to the International Manual product requires a subscription