Disabilities (ADA): New Jersey
The below content should be reviewed in conjunction with the in-depth federal coverage of this topic provided above.
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, New Jersey employers must comply with the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination. See The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination and Disability.
- New Jersey law provides broader protections than federal equal opportunity laws. See Definition of Disability and Additional Protections.
- Employers must make reasonable workplace accommodations for pregnant employees who request an accommodation upon the advice of their health care provider. See Pregnant Workers.
- Unlike federal equal opportunity laws, New Jersey law does not require the exhaustion of administrative remedies. See Administrative Process.
- New Jersey permits the use of medical marijuana. See New Jersey Medicinal Marijuana Program.