EEO - Affirmative Action: Colorado
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Colorado does not have a general statute specifically addressing affirmative action requirements for private employers. However, there are two state regulations related to private employer affirmative action. See Private Employers.
- The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA) states that employers are to take affirmative action to recruit women to jobs from which they have been excluded. See Sex Discrimination.
- Employers may invite applicants to identify a disability. See Individuals With a Disability.
- Some Colorado cities, such as Denver, may have specific ordinances barring discrimination and requiring affirmative action as a remedial measure. See City Ordinances.
- Colorado's principal public departments must implement and follow Colorado's State Government Affirmative Action Program. See Public Employers.