This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Spain: Contracts of employment
- Employment contracts can generally be written or oral, but must be written in certain cases. (See General)
- The existence and duration of any probationary period must be expressly stipulated in the employment contract. (See Probationary periods)
- The basic distinction is between open-ended contracts and fixed-term contracts. (See Types of contract)
- Employers must provide employees with a written contract based on an "official model" approved by the public employment authorities. (See "Official model" contract)
- Certain elements of the employment contract may not be modified unless agreed by the employer and employee. (See Variation of contract)
Access to the International Manual product requires a subscription