Workplace Security: Nebraska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Marcia A. Washkuhn, Kutak Rock LLP
- Nebraska has adopted the Uniform Trade Secrets Act. See Trade Secrets.
- Nebraska has adopted the Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act. See Deceptive Trade Practices.
- Nebraska protects property and identity with criminal statutes. See Theft of Property; Identity Theft.
- Nebraska requires entities to notify residents of the likelihood that their personal information has been subject to a data breach. See Data Security Breaches.
- Civil causes of action for fraudulent conduct exist in Nebraska. See Causes of Action Based in Fraud.
- Nebraska has adopted the Concealed Handgun Permit Act, which allows permit holders to carry concealed handguns unless expressly prohibited. See Guns in the Workplace.