When is educational assistance for graduate courses taxable wages?

Author: Alice Gilman

Graduate-level educational assistance provided to an employee under +IRC § 127 may be excluded from his or her income. If the graduate-level educational assistance is not provided under +IRC § 127, it may be excluded from an employee's income if the course of study is job-related and does not qualify the employee to work in a new trade or profession.