Webinar: Identifying Risk in Your Employee Handbook for 2019
Employee handbooks are important. They tell employees what to expect, managers how to manage, and HR how to deal with all kinds of employee needs and benefits. However, if handbook provisions are not written or enforced properly, they may also tell plaintiff's attorneys just where your organization is most vulnerable to claims - even class and collective action claims.
Meredith Shoop, a shareholder with the labor and employment law firm of Littler Mendelson, P.C. discusses the importance of handbooks, what should be included (and excluded) from them in 2019, key areas of risk, and the impact of recent legal developments on HR professionals.
During this 60-minute webinar, attendees receive practical feedback on the structure and contents of their organization's handbooks, as well as important insights into key areas of potential legal exposure and how to avoid common pitfalls.
- The impact of handbooks on compliance and legal exposure;
- Practical guidance on the structure and contents of their organization's handbooks; and
- Insight into developing and known areas of risk related to employee handbook policies.
- Learn how employee handbooks affect compliance and legal exposure;
- Gain practical guidance on the structure and contents of your organization's handbooks; and
- Identify known areas of risk related to employee handbook policies.